Stainless steel flanges are a common type of flange and are widely used due to their ability to withstand high pressures and the properties of stainless steel, which are loved by industry insiders. Generally speaking, the function of the flange is to fix and seal the joint of the pipe fittings. The stainless steel flange designs the flange body and the socket into an integrated structure, which avoids the leakage caused by the dislocation of the welding joint during welding. The structure is simple, the use is convenient, and the sealing performance is good.
What should I do if the stainless steel flange is rusted?
1. Clean with emery cloth and wire brush.
2. Use a tungsten steel shovel to remove large areas of rust.
3. Use a file to remove protrusions such as welding slag and various burrs.
4. Use a scraper and a wire brush to remove rust from the corners.
5. Clean with a clean rag, or apply primer in time with a rag dipped in solvent.
6. Pay attention to the tough coating that has not yet failed, which can be retained. Use emery cloth to roughen the surface of the old paint, sand the coating defects into an axe shape, and paint directly after cleaning